Central government is going to implement the housing scheme to legalize illegal colonies in Delhi under PM UDAY Scheme signifies Unauthorized colonies in Delhi Awas Adhikar Yojna. Lieutenant Governor Anil Baijal has directed Delhi government officials to strengthen procedures and raise adequate resources in a time bound manner. The aim of this scheme is to provide ownership rights to the residents of unauthorized colonies in the national capital, Delhi.
The state government will conduct a digital survey of unauthorized colonies. In addition, the boundaries of these illegal colonies will be delimited to ensure smooth implementation of the PM-UDAY scheme in mission mode. Delhi government chief secretary and other officers met to confer ownership, transfer, mortgage rights to residents of unauthorized colonies.
PM-UDAY Scheme to legalize Illegal Colonies in Delhi
The Lieutenant Governor of Delhi hels a meeting with CS DDA officials Divisional Commissioners and DMC to implement the PM-UDAY Scheme. This PM Unathorized colonies, the government will legalize all unauthorized colonies with certain limits in Delhi Awas Adhikar Yojna.People residing in these colonies will be recognized with ownership/ transfer/ mortgage rights. The central government will work in mission mode for successful implementation of PM-UDAY.Lt. Governor Anil Baijal has asked the officials to take action for following.
- To declare concerned villages as urbanized
- Preparation of development contol norms to incentivize planned redevlopment
- Identification of vacant land
- Take measures for protection of land
Last month, Union Cabinet has approved a proposal to give ownership to people living in 1,797 unathorized colonies in Delhi. Delhi Awas Adhikar Yojana to legalize illegal colonies is expected to benefit over 40 lakh residents of unauthorized colonies in Delhi. PM Modi said that parliament will soon enact a law to grant ownership right to residents of unauthorized colonies.
Details of Unauthorized Colonies in Delhi
The 3 municipal corporations will have to approve the urbanization of 81 villages. For which corporations will soon start the process. The detailed procedure requires DDA to delineate the boundaries or clusters of unauthorized colonies. Then a local area plan is to be prepared nd development of control norms for all illegal colonies. Later the DDA will have to make necessary amendments to the Delhi Master Plan and Urban Building Eye Laws for Delhi.
- According to official sources, About 300 unauthorized maps will be put online
- From 15 November 2019, DDA will invite suggestions and objections and by the end of December, DDA will accept applications from residents for these colonies
- DDA will create a web portal and impulse agencies to fix the land co-ordination of plots for the purpose of notification
- Field visits will be conducted for physical verification of the property for tis purpose, the applicant has to book a time and date slot on the web portal
To provide ownership rights, applicants have to register on the prescribed DDA portal dda.org.in. This will be done by proving basic information and authentication of e-mail and mobile phone through OTP.