The Government of Maharashtra will provide a home for the homeless people under the Prahdhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) and Maharashtra state government has approved 1,82,783 houses under Prahdhan Mantri Awas Yojana Maharashtra. Under this scheme, the government approved 60 proposals. New Rural Housing Scheme Program has been prepared to meet the need and aspirations of families. These houses have the facilities of cooking areas, toilets LPG connections, power connections and water supply and beneficiaries can plan their homes according to their own needs.
The State Government has announced to make 19 lakh houses in Maharashtra by 2022 and taking to forward the scheme of Prime Minister Narendra Modi housing to all 2022 MHADA officially will be built 26,000 houses in Mumbai Metropolitan area till 2018.
Details and Highlights of PMAY Maharashtra
- Under this housing scheme the central government will construct 1,82,783 houses
- 1 Lakh 21 thousand houses have been reseved for low income groups
- Apart from this, 11 projects have been approved for Konkan Board
- Under this scheme, 26,000 houses will be constructed in Mumbai Metropolitan area
- According to a senior MHADA officer the construction of these houses will be completed by 2018
- The houses will be available at affordable rates
- The government will also provide housing loans at affordable rates
- The central government has promised to provide housing to all by 2022